SharePoint services has successfully installed. Walking through the steps to get the Helpdesk Application Template in place.
1. Expand the ApplicationTemplateCore.exe files to the hard drive. Open a command prompt to that location.
2. Run stsadm -o addsolution -filename ApplicationTemplateCore.wsp
3. Run stsadm -o deploysolution -name ApplicationTemplateCore.wsp -allowgacdeployment -local
4. Run stsadm -o copyappbincontent
5. Expand the HelpDesk.exe files to the hard drive. Open a command prompt to that locaiton.
6. Run stsadm -o addsolution - filename HelpDesk.wsp
7. Run stsadm -o deploysolution -name HelpDesk.wsp -allowgacdeployment -local
8. Using the Admin Configuration Site, Navigate to Team Site > Create > New SharePoint Site. Give it a unique name and select the Help Desk application template.
The new helpdesk site is up! No documentation comes with the template itself so I will continue making notes and post links as I find 'em.